Tuesday 20 May 2014

Where is the support a man expects from his woman

For whom does a man earn? Why does he earn at all? What makes him bear all the tension of the job and swallow many things that at times demean him and still he goes on to persist in his pursuit of bringing money home for the family. What does he want in return?

I don't think he wants anything more than that his family has no monetary constraints within their standard of living and at the same time he also wants and is responsible to ensure that his parents get a decent life after all that they bore to bring him up.

Can you feel the pain that he would be in when he is told that despite his earning well his parents cannot be provided for something. Something really small. Despite his meeting his commitments to his family (wife and kids) he is told that his wife cannot cannot sustain his old mother!

Yesterday evening when I asked my wife to get home nariyal pani 2 or 3 times a week for mom too while my wife takes it daily when she goes out, I was told that she cannot buy it for my mom because she does not have enough money left. Now I give her 20,000 per month for household and that is only kitchen since rent, electricity, society maintenance, fuel, doctor fes etc is borne by me only. She expends only things to consume - fruits, vegetables, milk. Even her mobile bills are paid by me. All her medical bills are paid by me. Now I really wonder if 20,000 per month is less for a family of 3 adults (me, my wife, my 60 yr old mom) and a kid of 3 yrs of age.

I was left in deep pain when my wife told me that she cannot buy nariyal paani in these summers for my mom. A nariyal pani costs 35 bucks and if she buys 3 per week she will spend 105 per week and for one month it could be 515 bucks. Is that huge dent in her monthly pocket of 20,000 that I give her? Every month she will go to parlour to get her hair coloured, fingers and toes manicured etc. I don't even ask how much she spends there. But can I ask why she cannot spend 515 rupees for nariayl pani for my mom.

No, I cannot ask because Indian law does not allow me to ask. This asking can be easily classified as mental torture and I can be booked under 498a or some other law.

And therfore, a man, I should keep quiet and suffer the pain to see my "better half" with no inclination to take care of my old mother who spent her life taking care of me. So the man has no support from the person he is expected to support.

Hail Indian laws

Via http://www.my-diary.org/app/

No comments:

Post a Comment